[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD File Importing and Verification

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Thu Jan 7 16:13:14 EST 2016

You could use a program like Oxygen, or even just a web tool like
http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp to check for things like
unclosed tags.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Flanagan, Patrick <PJFlanagan at ship.edu>
wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I've been tasked with figuring out why a simple EAD file fails to be
> imported into ArchivesSpace. I suspect it's an error with the XML file's
> formatting, such as a missing tag, but I don't know enough about the file
> type to verify it by eye. I thought I'd ask if there's any tool archivists
> use to verify that their EAD files are correct. When imported into
> ArchivesSpace, the job fails and there is an empty error log; I don't have
> anything else to go on, unfortunately.
>
> Thank you very much for your time,
>
> ~Patrick Flanagan
> KLN Applications Administrator
> Keystone Library Network Hub

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu