[Archivesspace_Users_Group] LDAP or SAML setup

Mahmoud Audu mma29 at case.edu
Wed Feb 24 17:53:40 EST 2016

Good day All,

 i am setting up the sew system and configured the LDAP in the config.rb
file on 1.4.2

 AppConfig[:authentication_sources] = [{
                                         :model => 'LDAPAuth',
                                         :hostname => 'ldap.XXXX.XXX',
                                         :port => 389,
                                         :base_dn =>
'ou=people,o=,XXX.XXX,o=XXX',
                                         :username_attribute => 'uid',
                                         :attribute_map => {:cn => :givenname},
 }]

and when i create a new user it still asks for a password and does not
authenticate on the ldap setting, am i missing something

Also I noticed someone mention use of SAML, is there instruction on how
that is set up? i think our IT admins prefer that option

--
Thank You for your time

Mahmoud Audu
Programmer Analyst II, Release Manager