[Archivesspace_Users_Group] seeking clarification on transfer of digital objects between repositories

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Thu Feb 4 19:23:54 EST 2016

Having a little trouble understanding what's going on with transferring
digital objects between repos.

A repository to repository transfer of archival objects works fine. All
linked digital objects are successfully transferred. However, when a
resource is transferred, linked digital objects are not transferred.

For testing purposes, I've created a simple hierarchy of archival objects
and linked a digital object to a child item. Using both the GUI and API,
I've initiated a transfer of the top-level resource to a target repository.
It appears that the associated digital objects are not included in the
transfer to the target repository and are orphaned at the originating
repository.

I am unable to use the API to transfer the orphaned digital objects to the
new repository because the association between the archival object and
digital object no longer exists.

This is described more completely in the attached gist
<https://gist.github.com/minorscience/930fd457f0815b63defd>. I posted
something related here <https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1405>.
(Not sure if that's the right place.)

Can someone confirm whether there is some design principle I am missing?

Many thanks, Jason