[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AT Migration problem with repository processing note

Peterson, Christie cspeterson at email.gwu.edu
Mon Feb 1 10:13:33 EST 2016

Hi Brad,

As Ian mentioned, this field got used in a bunch of different ways in the
past (we have over 700 instances of it being used at the component level)
-- mostly to hold internal-only notes about things like missing materials,
materials on loan, provenance information, restriction information and lots
of idiosyncratic location information. It appears that it was favored for
these purposes because it appeared on the first screen you see in AT by
default, though we never had a policy for using it.

In other words, it's not the best-formed stuff and it isn't easily put
elsewhere, but it's important and we need to migrate it. Is there any
chance that the migration tool could be updated, now that there's a place
for it to go in AS?

Many thanks,

Christie

--