[Archivesspace_Users_Group] using ArchivesSpace for art collections

Dean DeBolt ddebolt at uwf.edu
Wed Dec 14 09:59:56 EST 2016

I have not yet brought ArchivesSpace online yet, but within Archon, for the
university permanent art collection, we uploaded a digital photograph of
each art item, described it, and also uploaded a pdf of the accession
record.  Here's an example:

http://archives.uwf.edu/Archon/index.php?p=digitallibrary/digitalcontent&id=1165&q=TAG

I have looked into how the data exported into ArchivesSpace, but I don't
see why it wouldn't work.  Our university's "The Art Gallery" wanted to at
lease have a basic online record of each piece and its location (at the
time of cataloging--whether in storage or placed somewhere on campus).

Dean

Dean DeBolt, University Librarian (Professor)/University Archivist
University Archives and West Florida History Center
University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
ddebolt at uwf.edu;   850-474-2213

West Florida History Center is the largest and most comprehensive
history collection about Pensacola and the West Florida region.
http://libguides.uwf.edu/universityarchives

Digital collections can be found at:  http://archives.uwf.edu/Archon/
<http://143.88.66.76/Archon/>