[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAC-CPF strategy re: ASpace

Jordon Steele jsteele at jhu.edu
Fri Aug 19 10:28:57 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Soon we will begin a process of creating EAC-CPF-compliant agent records for our university offices and other university-affiliated agents like administrators. It appears that ASpace's agents module does not currently support all EAC-CPF elements (functions, mandates, etc.).

I'm curious if those of you that are farther along with EAC-CPF record creation than we are have decided to create and manage fuller EAC-CPF records outside of ASpace until ASpace does support full EAC-CPF functionality, or if you made a decision to move ahead with creating less robust agent records to align with the ASpace data model for agents. If you wrestled with this question, I'd be very interested in hearing what some of your considerations were-there are benefits and trade-offs to either approach.

Thanks!

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218