[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace & Docker - experiences?

Mark Cooper mark.cooper at lyrasis.org
Fri Aug 5 13:07:06 EDT 2016

Hi Joshua,

The archivesspace-build repo is very old and should really be deprecated before too long. It's based on early work we did at LYRASIS. I'm not too familiar with the other repo but it's using very old components so would just be a starting point.

We use:

https://github.com/lyrasis/docker-archivesspace

https://hub.docker.com/r/lyrasis/archivesspace/

Which we keep up to date.

I've been intending to propose a Dockerfile added to the core ArchivesSpace repository (starting with a pull request) to setup an automated build from release tags and from the master branch for the latest code at Docker Hub. Then you'd be able to pull like:

docker pull ...

archivesspace/archivesspace # :latest

archivesspace/archivesspace:1.5.1

etc.

This would be a good thing for everyone (who's interested in using Docker =) ... and invisible to anyone who isn't.

Best,

Mark

Mark Cooper
Technical Lead, Hosting and Support