[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container Checker

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Apr 20 16:08:10 EDT 2016

Hi,

Yeah...so that cc.sh script is pretty hacky. It's something I wrote just to run data checking easier on my laptop...but I hope it shows how the process works.

( And yeah...funny how we live in a world now where javascript is the fastest and most reliable option )

I've found it ok to ignore those errors since the overflow is always in relation to a longish title. The main thing that's important to check are the container and location related cells, which should be small.

Also...I just remembered that if you're running daff against very very large CSV file, you might need to tweak Node's heap size...to do that, do a "which daff" to find you executiable ( probably in /usr/local/bin ) and change the shebang to be :

#!/usr/bin/env node --max-old-space-size=8192

( thatll increase it to 8g.. make it small if you don't have that http://www.codexpedia.com/javascript/increasing-the-memory-limit-in-node-js/ )

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/