[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace version 1.5.0 Release Candidate Available

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 19 08:58:36 EDT 2016

Hi, Randy,

Thank you for your message below and for indicating Harvard's eagerness to test the new container management functionality.

We understand our deadline is very aggressive.  It is intentionally so in order to accelerate testing and to start the process of modifying the conversion/update process as soon as possible.

As we indicated  in our message  in Friday, we will not be distributing the final version of 1.5.0 until testing is successfully completed.  For us, that means a representative number of ArchivesSpace member organizations have confirmed they have been able to successfully convert / update their ArchivesSpace instance to version 1.5.0 and the new container data model.  We are intent on distributing the release as quickly as we can, but we realize that testing calendars, as well as reported problems, may delay distribution.

We are eager for Harvard's report, and for the report from all other ArchivesSpace users.

All best,

Brad W.
Bradley D. Westbrook
Program Manager