[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD Import trouble with audience/publish

Jane LaBarbara jane.labarbara at mail.wvu.edu
Mon Apr 4 14:34:01 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I'm using legacy EAD XML to test ArchivesSpace's EAD Import in preparation for a mass migration to ArchivesSpace.  I've noticed that I can add the attribute audience="external" to <archdesc> and all of my "notes" (e.g. <relatedmaterial>, <bioghist>, and many more), but the resulting Resource Record is only published at the highest level-the notes themselves are not published.  Once we migrate, I'm guessing this will mean that staff will have to go into each Resource Record and click the "publish" checkboxes for everything we need to show up in the public view, and we have over 4000 collections.

Has anyone else noticed that the EAD Import does not respect audience="external", or found a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks,
Jane

Jane Metters LaBarbara
Assistant Curator