[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Transfer component UI issue?

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Wed Sep 30 14:54:19 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Sorry about the delay, but I'm out of the office this week at a training session..

I was able to replicate this. The problem is that for the UI-Fix RC that I posted for testing back in August has some changes to the form UI. One of the problems was that records with large amounts of subrecords ( like subjects, agents, classifications, etc ) cause the browser to crash because of all the javascript triggers being bound to the all the inputs. The fix was to only bind triggers as needed ( i.e. when the input is visible ), rather than trying to do it all at once when the page loaded.

The problem here is with the transfer input, which is not visible by default when the page loads but should be initialized.

I can issue a fix for this next week when I'm back. You can also immediately fix this by doing this following:

0) Open the ASpace record page in your browser

1) In your browser, open your Javascript console ( in Firefox, Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console, in Chrome it's More Tools -> Console )

2) In your javascript console enter : $(".tree-transfer-form .linker" ).linker()

That should make the linker active.

best, Chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/