[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace v1.4.0 released
brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Tue Sep 29 08:37:29 EDT 2015
The ArchivesSpace team is happy to release version 1.4.0.<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v1.4.0>
This release includes solutions to the rendering (AR-1311<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1183>) and
re-ordering (AR-1183<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1183>) performance problems that many users reported.
These solutions were distributed in two release candidates in late
August, and received approval from several users.
This release also includes several new features: an enhanced interface
to the LCNAF plugin that makes it easier to scan and identify
authority records for import; ability to see how many times and where
a controlled value term has been applied; ability to set a default
order for notes in the resource and digital object modules; and the
ability to record extent statements in the Rapid Date Entry template
in the resource module.
Please see the technical documentation <http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/> for information on how to
upgrade your ArchivesSpace installs.
Please see the release page<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases> for a listing of all the new features and
bug fixes included in this release.
Thanks to all the volunteers on the ArchivesSpace User Advisory and
Technical Advisory Councils, who have contributed substantially to
advancing the development of ArchivesSpace.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Bradley D. Westbrook
brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org<mailto:brad at archivesspace.org>
[cid:image003.png at 01CE734E.FD759D30]
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1331 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1331 ): Rescue AccessDeniedException and return 403
* BUG [#AR-1330 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1330 ): Record search widget in Classification view/edit page is broken
* BUG [#AR-1329 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1329 ): Delete Repository fails on certain conditions
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1328 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1328 ): Give notification/warning on frontend when using Derby
* BUG [#AR-1323 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1323 ): JSON Error when generating NamesRecordReport
* BUG [#AR-1320 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1320 ): Migration 053 create agent relationships with no agent
* BUG [#AR-1315 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1315 ): Frontpage @ignore in EAD converter can cause converter to crash
* BUG [#AR-1313 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1313 ): Ensure that delete is disabled until after all callbacks/hash changes have completed
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1311 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1311 ): Optimize subforms to only initialize a reasonable subset of records
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1310 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1310 ): Remove password from JDBC URL output in the log
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1288 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1288 ): Raise an error if the database isn't in the right state for the application version
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1279 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1279 ): As product manager, I want to update the tool tip for total processing hours in the collection management record to read as noted below.
* BUG [#AR-1272 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1272 ): Updating Enumeration Values Through REST API Fails
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1240 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1240 ): As a repository manager, I would like to be able to record extent sub-records / information when using the RDE in either the resource or digital object module
* BUG [#AR-1183 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1183 ): Moving components in large component sequences can cause the application to time out
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1065 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1065 ): As a user of the staff UI, I should be able to use shortcut keystrokes within the application
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-1018 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1018 ): Subtitle field (lack of)
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-946 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-946 ): Notes: Provide the ability to control the ordering and display of note data elements such as scope content in a fixed position for different types of output
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-848 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-848 ): As a repository manager, I want to set a default sequence for notes in resource records
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-843 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-843 ): As a repository manager and when configuring a controlled value list, I want to be able to determine the frequency a value has been used and list of links to the records in which the value appears.
* NEW FEATURE [#AR-796 ] ( https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-796 ): As a repository manager, I would like to be able to view LCNAF MARC entries in an eaiser way.
Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat | Phone: 918.236.6048
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7640 bytes
More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group