[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace or Islandora?

Melissa Hubbard mxh597 at case.edu
Wed Sep 16 17:16:17 EDT 2015

Kari’s thinking is similar to ours (we have both ASpace and Hydra, though ASpace is very new to us). The library ILS is a good metaphor for ASpace and other similar collection management systems—an ILS displays catalog records to the public, but it also tracks various workflows such as acquisitions and circulation, integrating the physical and intellectual management of the collection with the descriptive metadata. ASpace is designed to do this in a way that is optimized for archival collections.

We may use Hydra as a front end for our EAD finding aids; we haven’t made that decision yet. If others have workflows for doing so, I’d be very interested to hear about them!

Cheers,

Melissa

—
Melissa A. Hubbard