[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace or Islandora?

Suda, Phillip J psuda1 at tulane.edu
Wed Sep 16 16:59:22 EDT 2015

Good afternoon all,

                It is my understanding that Islandora and Hydra allow for the ingest & display of EAD records in their systems. Finding Aids could then be displayed via this systems. Are there libraries out there that are using both systems, Islandora/Hydra and ASpace? I do not currently see the benefit of having both systems as they both accomplish similar tasks (creation, ingest, display, maintenance of EAD).

If you have both: what workflows are you using to get content from ASpace to Islandora or Hydra?

If you decided one over the other: why?

I am trying to see what I am missing.

Thanks for any help with these questions.

Thanks,

Phil

Phillip Suda
Systems Librarian