[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Creating settings for a plugin

Carlos Lemus carlos.lemus at unlv.edu
Tue Oct 27 18:07:07 EDT 2015

Hello Brian,

your guidance has helped me set up the settings and they seem to be working
now and uploaded to
https://github.com/l3mus/ArchivesSpace-authority-project/tree/master/unlv_marc_exporter
though I need to tweak a couple more things.

I'm just having one trouble that the preferences are not saving now and
it's,for some reason, trying to reference my settings schema and I end up
getting the following below. I can't seem to figure out why it's
referencing that marc_export_user_id when it's not part of the
preferencecontroller. I even changed it to marc_export_user_id from user_id
to try and avoid this problem.
Do you have any ideas?
Exception in PreferencesController#update

Unknown response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
  <title>Internal Server Error at
&#x2F;repositories&#x2F;2&#x2F;preferences&#x2F;4</title>
    html * { padding:0; margin:0; }
    body * { padding:10px 20px; }
    body * * { padding:0; }
    body { font:small sans-serif; background:#eee; }
    body>div { border-bottom:1px solid #ddd; }
    h1 { font-weight:normal; margin-bottom:.4em; }
    h1 span { font-size:60%; color:#666; font-weight:normal; }
    table { border:none; border-collapse: collapse; width:100%; }
    td, th { vertical-align:top; padding:2px 3px; }
    th { width:12em; text-align:right; color:#666; padding-right:.5em; }
    #info { background:#f6f6f6; }
    #info ol { margin: 0.5em 4em; }
    #info ol li { font-family: monospace; }
    #summary { background: #ffc; }
    #explanation { background:#eee; border-bottom: 0px none; }
</head>
    <h1>Internal Server Error <span>(500)</span></h1>
        <th>Request Method:</th>
        <th>Request URL:</th>
`marc_export_user_id&#x27; for nil:NilClass</p>

    You're seeing this error because you use
<code>JRuby::Rack::ErrorApp::ShowStatus</code>.
 (code: 500)

Thank you,

Carlos Lemus