[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Creating settings for a plugin

Carlos Lemus carlos.lemus at unlv.edu
Mon Oct 12 17:54:44 EDT 2015

Hello,

What I want to accomplish is to create a form, possibly in the
system_menu_controller, that will allow me to create certain
fields/settings with user-input values, save those values, and then let me
access them at different points in my plugin.

What I've tried so far:

I've tried to mimic a bit of the accessions_summary_reports and the
hello_world plugin. However, these seem both to be able to continuously
create new objects in the schema database pertaining to it, but I just want
to have one empty field for the settings that can just be updated instead
of having to create multiple settings. I have tried something similar with
the defaults, but I don't think I implemented them correctly.

Here is a github link to my trial
https://github.com/l3mus/ArchivesSpace-authority-project/tree/master/plugin_settings

I hope that was clear enough, please let me know if I need to clarify more.
I'm just looking for some direction on what I could be doing. How could I
approach doing this? I'm I looking in the right direction? Or is there a
better example that can help me form this?

Thank you,

Carlos Lemus