[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Refactored Tool Test and Issues

Matthew J Gorzalski mGorzalski at lib.siu.edu
Tue Oct 6 14:56:24 EDT 2015

We're migrating from Archon to ASPace and tested the refactored migration tool in earnest for the first time today.  I admit I've been out of the loop on this list recently so maybe some of these issues have been brought up and resolved.  This list is an examination of versions 1.3.0 and 1.4.0.

1.       The refactored tool fixes the classification duplication problem, BUT sub-classifications are out of order (screen shot 1)

2.       Links from ASpace to CONTENTdm no longer work, but worked using the previous migration tool.  Screen shot 2 shows a photograph collection where the links are, and screen shot 3 shows what happens after clicking that link.

3.       Agent records migrate to the staff view but not the public view (screen shot 4)

4.       Weird and false agent records in staff view.  Aaron Lisec is one of our staff members, not an "agent," and the only place in Archon he appears is the Admin User Manager.  (screen shot 5)

5.       Migrated Agent records all have linked resources in the Staff view but not Public view (screen shots 6 and 7)

6.       Components migrate to the staff view but not public view (see screen shot 6)

7.       Accessions do not migrate in either staff or public view (screen shot 8)

A note on #7.  We had this problem previously but I figured out the issue.  But the refactored tool seems to create a new problem.  In our test Archon I deleted the primary repository "Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center" and designated Manuscripts as the new primary repository.  As I understand it, accessions migrate to your primary repository, and nearly all of our accession records are manuscripts anyway.  Therefore, I hoped and assumed that accessions would migrate to the manuscript repository in ASpace.  But I get "no records found" when browsing accessions in the Manuscripts repository, or any of our other repositories.

Thanks,

MATT GORZALSKI
University Archivist

MORRIS LIBRARY