[Archivesspace_Users_Group] checking the success of migration from AT to Aspace

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Tue Nov 24 14:59:04 EST 2015

Jen,

Create fake records in AT for all of the different sections (Resources, Accessions, Digital Objects, Subjects, etc.). Put the field names as the content for each field whenever possible, or pick a date that you will recognize. Utilize all possible fields in this test record.

This way, you can look down a list of fields in AT, check where they migrated to in AS, and whether they act as you would expect. It will also tell you if there are any fields missing from the AT to AS migration (this shouldn’t happen unless you got thrown some error messages). Using the field names as the content just help you do quick eye checks of the data.

Doing this will at least give you a way to make sure everything is mapping to where you expect.

Patrick Galligan
Rockefeller Archive Center
Assistant Digital Archivist
914-366-6386