[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MARC to EAD for ASpace import stylesheet

Reese, Terry P. reese.2179 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:10:37 EST 2015

I guess I should mention as well - if you are coming out of MARC - you can validate all your headings prior to doing the mapping (if you aren't actively doing authorities work) in MarcEdit with a couple clicks.  There is a valid headings tool with validates 1xx and 6xx data and generate action reports as well as can automatically correct headings that need fixed prior to doing this type of conversion.  It's built upon the linked data framework code within the program - and works right now, specifically with LC.  Basically - you just tell it what you need to validate:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D122D4.0FFBB3E0]

You can do the same thing with some code that the Bentley folks shared (I think it was Python if I remember the blog post) - but this doesn't require any programming knowledge.  Just point and click.  Might help save some clean-up time for headings after import.

--tr