[Archivesspace_Users_Group] public display request

Prom, Christopher John prom at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 19 09:34:11 EST 2015

Matt,

At this point, I’d recommend getting it touch w/ Mark Custer and commenting on the wireframes for public UI.  Unless you have developer cycles to throw at the problem.   Brian Hoffman will be working on this, and I know the group is still looking for feedback, to go into the public interface project, as well as additional committers to the public UI project.

>From my perspective, the first order of business is to replicate how archon handles classifications in the public UI, which is the major use case that drove this functionality’s inclusion in the first place. Any additional functions can be considered, but first and foremost it needs to do what we did in Archon and speaking for Illinois, we  have a drop dead requirement that this be included before we can even consider adopting, since this is a major access point for our staff and public, allowing the aggression of like collections in a means that cannot be replicated by agents and subjects.

 You can see that in action here:

http://archives.library.illinois.edu/archon/?p=collections/classifications

Chris Prom