[Archivesspace_Users_Group] How are simultaneous edits tracked?

Rush, Michael michael.rush at yale.edu
Wed Nov 11 09:22:42 EST 2015

All,

Can anyone explain to me how ArchivesSpace identifies when two users are simultaneously editing the same record?

In general our accessioning workflow is for my accessioning assistant to create accession records, then I review them. Almost invariably when I edit the record I get the following message: "This record is currently being edited by another user. Please contact the following users to ensure no conflicts occur: tevans." However I know that Tina is not currently editing any of these records. In most cases it's been days if not weeks since she has made edits. My staff have seen similar behavior for resoruces.

It's a small nuisance, but it happens so often I'm curious, and I worry that if I begin to ignore the warning altogether I will eventually overwrite someone's work.

Best,

Mike

Michael Rush
Accessioning Archivist
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Yale University
203-432-8123

The Beinecke Library's building is closed for renovation until September 2016.  We have opened a temporary reading room in Sterling Memorial Library, but access to some collections may be limited during the renovation. Please note: The Beinecke Library will close completely during the month of August 2016 as staff and collections are relocated to the building at 121 Wall Street in preparation for our reopening in September 2016. For more information, visit our renovation website at http://beineckelibraryrenovation.yale.edu/.