[Archivesspace_Users_Group] What defines "a repository?"

Valerie Addonizio vaddoniz at jhu.edu
Mon May 4 17:05:48 EDT 2015

Dear everyone,

Here's another pretty basic question.

I currently have three repositories in our instance of AS. One was created by the migrator when I migrated over our accessions, one is blank, and one holds resources that I want to play around with.

Today I imported our accessions and created the third repository mentioned above, but was surprised to find that the names and subjects that I had imported appeared in every repository, not just the repository that the migrator created. This made me realize that a very basic assumption of mine was seriously flawed: I had guessed that repositories were completely separate from one another, and that if I had an agent record for "Doe, John" in one, it would not appear elsewhere.

So, I'd like to request a basic explanation of what the repositories hold that are unique to them, and what is shared across the entire instance? What defines "a repository?"

Thanks for the continuing assistance!

-Valerie

Valerie Addonizio
Archivist