[Archivesspace_Users_Group] How about a Site Settings page instead of learning rails, bootstrap etc

Douglas James Simmons dsimmons at siu.edu
Thu Mar 19 14:30:24 EDT 2015

I wish there was a "Site Settings" page reachable by the administrator with:

color chooser for the various page blocks
Logo/favicon upload
terminology replacement (Agent Links becomes Names, for example)

navbar customization (even if only the order/name of the items)

Because figuring out where something has to be overridden in:

/var/www/html/archivesspace/plugins/local/public/locales/could/we/have/a/little/more/directory/depth/whatever_i_am_overriding.yml
or
/var/www/html/archivesspace/plugins/local/public/locales/could/we/have/a/little/more/directory/depth/whatever_i_am_overriding.erb
etc

and restarting the server every time is exasperating after working with full-blown CMSes like Drupal and Wordpress and the like.

Just a wish-list item, I guess.

Doug Simmons

SIUC