[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Attempting to merge resource records

Brian Hoffman brianjhoffman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:21:31 EDT 2015

Hi Steve and Kaari,

First of all, the immediate error you’ve been seeing is raised when the merge action fails and the UI then fails to parse it properly. There is a fix for that and if you want a patch you can install this plugin:

https://github.com/quoideneuf/tmp_merge_error_display_fix/releases/tag/0.0.1

In Steve’s case, the merge_resource API seems to be functioning as intended: there are a number of identical ref_id values among the resources Steve is attempting to merge. Depending on the provenance of this data, it could point to a different issue with ArchivesSpace, but if the duplicate IDs were imported or entered manually, I’d say things are working as specified. I’ll send the IDs to Steve in case he wants to investigate - Kaari if you want to send me exported IDs for your non-mergeable resources, I can do the same check for you.

Brian