[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Size of Database

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:09:10 EDT 2015

I just asked for an update about the size of our Solr index that's actually in production, and right now it's around 12 GB (quite a bit less than the 18 GB I mentioned previously, which is what I have on my desktop).

I don't know if there's a good way to estimate the size of the Solr index in relation to the MySQL database (especially given that some folks, like us, might have plugins that increase the size of both :)), but based on what Kevin and I reported, it seems like your could ballpark the size of the Solr index by assuming that it'll be around 3-4 times the size of the MySQL database.

That said, the number of compressed backups that you keep will also affect the amount of disk space that you need.  I assume that we're moving backup copies of our MySQL database somewhere else for safe keeping, however, and I think that we've updated our ASpace configuration file to only make Solr backups once per day, and to only keep one of those around at a time.

Mark