[Archivesspace_Users_Group] customizing the MARC exporter

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Tue Jun 23 17:01:42 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that. Does this import MARCXML records that come from outside of ArchivesSpace?

What I was hoping to do is extend the current MARC export in https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/backend/app/exporters/models/marc21.rb to account for our local catalog rules, instead of our current method of doing that (which is a Perl script that downloads JSON from the API alongside the MARC export and adds the missing fields manually). This doesn't look like quite the same thing, though I'm new to Ruby so I may be missing something...  -k