[Archivesspace_Users_Group] How to make ArchivesSpace public URL respond on port 80?

calvin.miracle at louisville.edu calvin.miracle at louisville.edu
Thu Jun 11 12:40:50 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Our archives librarian wants the public URL of our AS instance to respond on port 80, so that
a published URL won't have to include the 8081 port number.

I thought this change would be easy in the config.rb file on our demo server:
                AppConfig[:public_url]   = "http://aspdemo.library.louisville.edu:80"

I could see the application listening on port 80, but pages were only briefly served before the
system stopped responding on port 80. I saw multiple errors in the log file, which I can post if
need be. When I reverted to port 8081, AS worked normally.

Thanks for any help,

-- Calvin Miracle, University of Louisville Libraries