[Archivesspace_Users_Group] related records

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Mon Jun 1 06:12:12 EDT 2015

Hi Ben,

This could be the result of a few thing.

First off, on the server-side, you can adjust the java heap space settings by adding a ASPACE_JAVA_XMX  ( or a Xmx setting to your JAVA_OPTS ). This will depend on how much RAM you have on your system.Performance can also vary depending on the number of processors you have on the server.

All that said, what you're probably seeing is actually on the client-side. That is, ASpace is giving your browser a bunch of data that is killing your browsers javascript engine.

So, are the 5000 AOs directly associated to a single parent, or is this a tree of objects with multiple parents? And do the individual records have a lot of subrecords associated to them? Such as instances, agents, or subjects?

You can see this by looking at the network status ( Tools => Web Developer => Network in Firefox, View => Developer => Developer Tools => Network in Chrome ). You should see all the requests that the browser is sending here...if all the requests are getting a "200", then it's the browser's dealing with the JS that's causing the issue...if you see a request that just hangs in "Pending" status, then the issue is on the server side.

Does that make sense?

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/