[Archivesspace_Users_Group] restoring backup copy of collection

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 13 20:35:40 EDT 2015

That will usually work well enough.

I’ve sometimes had problems — there were more problems with exports in earlier versions.
If there is bad embedded markup in a note ( for example a missing end </p> tag ) AS will
export without complaint but it won’t import without fixing the markup. And, as I noted
in another message earlier today, I’ve found some files where the manual export from the
browser works,  but the API export fails. (strange!)

But I’ve only had failures for a small percentage, so it’s the first thing to try.
If it exports but doesn’t import, try validating the XML and see what it flags.

— Steve Majewski