[Archivesspace_Users_Group] LCNAF import plugin

Kottman, Miloche mkottman at ku.edu
Wed Jan 14 11:00:30 EST 2015

First a qualifier... I haven't experimented with this plugin so I'm just guessing about what it's expected to do

BUT

If it's supposed to allow you to search LC's NAME authority file and then download records easily, instead of using the address OCLC suggests which goes to LC's Voyager catalog of authority records where you'll go through some hoops to download the record in MARC format, I suggest using:  http://id.loc.gov/

This site will allow you to search several different thesauri and download the results in a variety of formats including:  RDF/XML (MADS and SKOS), N-Triples (MADS and SKOS), JSON (MADS/RDF and SKOS/RDF), etc.

Of course, I'm not the one who has to program it, so whatever will work.

--Miloche Kottman
University of Kansas