[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Happy holidays and best wishes from ArchivesSpace

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Dec 22 16:38:50 EST 2015

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D13C9C.045662B0]

As 2015 draws to a close, we send wishes for happy holidays and a delightful end of the year to the whole ArchivesSpace community. In the past year, we've been excited to see more and more institutions putting ArchivesSpace into production, contributing more and more to its success, and benefiting from the improvements membership has made possible, including:

*         Regular releases of the ArchivesSpace application, containing significant enhancements to the Rapid Data Entry tool, reports module, and performance of the application with large datasets, the addition of Find-and-Replace functionality, and Spanish translations for the labels in the staff and public interfaces

*         A major, member-led project to revamp the Public Interface

*         Migration support for people moving from Archivists' Toolkit, Archon (including refactoring of the Archon migration tool), and other systems

*         The launch of the ArchivesSpace wiki and JIRA, where anyone can track and share information about development and ArchivesSpace program and community activities

*         Comprehensive updating of the user manual

*         Our inaugural Members Forum, held in August in Cleveland, Ohio
All of this work was accomplished through the very significant time, energy, and financial resources contributed to the program by our 265+ ArchivesSpace members (http://archivesspace.org/members) - over a third of whom who joined in 2015 - and the help all of us give each other. Thank you for your continued support and here's to more great progress together in 2016!