[Archivesspace_Users_Group] yale accessions plugin & defaults + preferences

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Thu Dec 17 10:20:54 EST 2015

Steve,

Just a quick note to say that at Yale we are indeed using this plugin!  The plugin was developed before the "pre-populate records?" feature was added to ArchivesSpace, so it could definitely stand to be updated (additionally, I don't believe that the "pre-populate records?" feature activates in any way when spawning an accession record to a resource or accession record).  If there's a better way to handle these automatically-assigned identifiers, I'd love to know that, as well.  One thing that we depend on right now, though, is the ability to add and delete new department codes per repository directly within the application, since we use those department codes as part of our accession identifiers.  In any event, since I'm sure that we'll need to revisit some of our plugins for maintenance purposes, it would be great to have any other feedback that you have that would make this plugin more useful for your needs.

Also, I completely agree in your assessment of the user/default settings.  I would love to have the ability to see the current state of defaults that the application is using without having to go the trial-and-error route.  But even more than that, I'd love the ability to customize what displays on the search-results screens just like you can on the browse-results screens.  Along these lines, has anyone done any local usability testing of the staff interface?  If so, it would be great to share that with the community.

Mark