[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Information about preparing for Container Management ASpace release???

Brad Westbrook brad.westbrook at lyrasis.org
Mon Dec 14 15:50:47 EST 2015

Hi, Phil,

The new container management functionality does indeed change the ArchivesSpace data model for containers.  Folks at Yale, Rockefeller Archives Center, and Duke are currently putting together guidelines and a protocol for testing that new functionality.

At this point we are intending to distribute a release candidate at the beginning of 2016, accompanying it with the conversion guidelines and test protocol, and invite everybody in the community to test the new functionality on a local test instance of ArchivesSpace.  This is a substantial change to the application, one that promises to result in several desired efficiencies around managing containers and assigning them locations, and it will be important to get as much feedback as possible from users.

Best,

Brad W.