[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error importing accession CSV

Reese, Terry P. reese.2179 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 2 09:58:33 EST 2015

Looks like an the parser believes that your data should be in UTF8 and that there are a sequence of bytes that don’t conform to UTF8.  I’ve not used the csv importer – I know that in some cases, when saving data as UTF8, data gets written with a BOM marker by some tools.  I’ve found that this is primarily a windowism (though there is other tools that do it) – and many parsing tools have difficulty if this data is present.

I say that – without being completely familiar with the actual import code, just my own experience building and working with parsing tools.  Without taking a closer look at the actual data itself – I’m just guessing a little bit.

--tr