[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAC-CPF

Susan Luftschein luftsche at usc.edu
Mon Aug 31 16:45:52 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has made use of the EAC-CPF functionality of ASpace yet.  I've got a bunch of EAC records I created before we migrated, and I'd like to start uploading them, but I'm noticing some oddities in the few that I have uploaded.

1)      When I download a record that I imported, the biographical/historical note doesn't get exported.

2)      When I merge a record with an existing Agent record, the related resource doesn't show in the published view (it shows up in the edit view)

3)      Related entries (records and agents) in the original EAC xml file don't get imported (and thus don't show up)

There are a few more, but these are enough to get us started.

I'd really like to be able to start using this feature, but am I correct in assuming it's still not ready for prime time?

Thanks,
Sue

Sue Luftschein
Archival and Metadata Librarian