[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Ruby Timeout Issue

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Thu Aug 27 05:57:16 EDT 2015

Hi Maura,

Yes, the public_formats plugins ( which is what is making the PDFs on the public UI ) and anything using the print_pdf using the export endpoint will run into timeout problems on larger EADs. The problem is that the XML has to be generated, then transformed, then turned into a PDF.

The fix for this was to put PDFs in as a job.

We can loop back on this, but I'm guessing there would need to be a method of submitting a PDF generation request, which would return a job id, which you could poll for when it's completed? Or another idea would be that the PDF is generated and stored on disk somewhere when the EAD is updated? Not really sure what the most ideal workflow would be...

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/