[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Removing Repositories Tab

Maura Carbone mauraa at brandeis.edu
Tue Aug 25 15:34:12 EDT 2015

Hi Phillip,
You'd need to do this as a plugin, and modify the _header.html.erb file,
deleting the line:

<li <% if params["type"]==="repository"%> class="active" <% end%>><%=
link_to I18n.t("repository._plural"), {:controller => :search, :action =>
:search, :type => "repository"} %></li>

If you already have a plugin folder loading that is modifying your public
view, you can add this to the appropriate sub-directory. The directory
structure for 1.1.2 was:

[plugin_name]->public->views->site-> _header.html.erb

I don't know if this has changed at all in later versions, so if so that
may not work. Then you just add the plugin to the plugins directory, and
add it to the list of plugins to load in your config.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Matthew J Gorzalski <mGorzalski at lib.siu.edu
> wrote:

> Phil,
>

> I’ve seen it done but we haven’t attempted hiding fields yet.  Not quite
> there yet.  See http://archivesspace.vmi.edu/
>

> Matt

Maura Carbone
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services
(781) 736-4659
415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
email: mauraa at brandeis.edu