[Archivesspace_Users_Group] system requirements and performance

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:40:21 EDT 2015

Hello,

I would be interested in hearing other users' current specifications for the systems on which they run ArchivesSpace. Our archivists here have been reporting very poor system performance for the last few days, and I'm guessing it's because the system runs slowly while the indexer is running against large collections, but I'm not sure if there's any configurations I can change or requests I can make to our host to improve things at all.

Currently our database is 621 MB and our Solr index is 1.8 GB. We have about 125,000 archival objects, 7,500 digital objects, and 850 resources. As of this writing we have 864 MB of memory free out of 3 GB total, running on 2 CPUs, and the indexer has two cycles devoted to it indexing 20 records at a time.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!  -k