[Archivesspace_Users_Group] attaching digital objects to archival objects

Dallas Pillen djpillen at umich.edu
Fri Aug 7 14:13:16 EDT 2015

Hi Maureen,

Not sure if this is the best/most appropriate way to do this, but I worked
up a prototype for doing something similar to this that grabs an archival
object's JSON, creates a new digital object and stores its URI, and then
uses the update archival object endpoint (POST
/repositories/:repo_id/:archival_objects/:id) to repost the archival object
with the new instance. The script (that also has some probably irrelevant
stuff up top to search for an archival object by its refid) is here:
https://github.com/djpillen/bentley_scripts/blob/master/update_archival_object.py

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Callahan, Maureen <maureen.callahan at yale.edu
> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This may be a dumb question. I’m trying to wade in from the shallow end.
>
> I have a list of digital objects that I want to create in ArchivesSpace
> and a list of which archival objects they should become instances of. I’m
> sitting down to write a script to start doing this work, and I’m wondering
> if this is possible — if there’s actually an endpoint that will let me do
> this. I see that I can post children digital objects to already-existing
> digital objects (POST
> /repositories/:repo_id/digital_object_components/:id/children), but I don’t
> see an explicit way to add digital objects as instances of archival objects.
>
> Thoughts? How would others approach this work?
>
> Maureen

*Dallas Pillen*Project Archivist

  Bentley Historical Library <http://bentley.umich.edu/>
  1150 Beal Avenue