[Archivesspace_Users_Group] attaching digital objects to archival objects

Callahan, Maureen maureen.callahan at yale.edu
Fri Aug 7 13:44:42 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

This may be a dumb question. I’m trying to wade in from the shallow end.

I have a list of digital objects that I want to create in ArchivesSpace and a list of which archival objects they should become instances of. I’m sitting down to write a script to start doing this work, and I’m wondering if this is possible — if there’s actually an endpoint that will let me do this. I see that I can post children digital objects to already-existing digital objects (POST /repositories/:repo_id/digital_object_components/:id/children), but I don’t see an explicit way to add digital objects as instances of archival objects.

Thoughts? How would others approach this work?

Maureen