[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ead2pdf manual PDF creation?

Steven Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:51:44 EDT 2015

I ran the conversion on a random exported EAD file and got the same error.
The rest of the message shows it couldn’t find as-helper-functions.xsl

work$ java -jar  ../ead2pdf/ead2pdf.jar prod/local-exp/22-MSS12838.xml  22.pdf
prod/local-exp/22-MSS12838.xml
22.pdf
Error at /xsl:stylesheet/xsl:include[1]
  XTSE0165: I/O error reported by XML parser processing
  file:/projects/Archivespace/work/lib/as-helper-functions.xsl:
  /projects/Archivespace/work/lib/as-helper-functions.xsl (No such file or directory)
NoMethodError: undefined method `rewind' for nil:NilClass

It looks like there’s a path dependency on finding that file:

ead2pdf$ ack as-helper-functions
lib/as-ead-pdf.xsl
24:    <xsl:include href="./lib/as-helper-functions.xsl"/>

lib/AS_fop.rb
36:   # @xslt.gsub!('<xsl:include href="as-helper-functions.xsl"/>', "<xsl:include href='#{File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), '../lib', 'as-helper-functions.xsl')}'/>" )

When I cd into the ead2pdf directory and run the same transform, it runs without error.

[ file path is:  ead2pdf/lib/as-helper-functions.xsl ]

— Steve.