[Archivesspace_Users_Group] subjects with the same label from different sources?

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Thu Apr 16 12:42:50 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone on the list has encountered the issue of having two separate terms in the Subjects table, labelled the same, but drawn from different sources. At DU, we have a few instances where (for example) the LCSH term for "Yearbooks" was migrated over as a topical term, and the LCGFT term for "Yearbooks" was migrated over as a form/genre term, and we've historically used them for different purposes so they can't easily be merged into a single record. Disambiguating between them when adding terms to a record is confusing for our catalogers, since they would need to click through to view each term to make sure it's the type they want.

Have others dealt with this issue? How did you go about it?

thanks!  -k