[Archivesspace_Users_Group] digital object import questions

Ben Goldman bmg17 at psu.edu
Tue Apr 7 12:57:09 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm testing the digital object import option in ASpace and am encountering an issue. I am trying to import a group of digital objects and make them components of a parent digital object record. I've set this up according to the import mappings, which seem to indicate I should use the parent digital_object_id for the each row's digital_object_id, then use digital_object_component_id for the component level identifier values. Even so, I get an error on import (see attached screenshot).

More generally, I am wondering if there is a way to relate these digital objects with archival objects on ingest. A use case might be we digitize 100 audio cassettes related to a collection, and then import a modified metadata spreadsheet (somewhat unsatisfying, obviously) to create digital objects. I don't think it will be feasible for us to move through these 100 new digital objects one by one attaching them to archival objects.

By the way, we are still in v1.1.2, so if the error noted is addressed in 1.2, great!

Best,
Ben

Ben Goldman
Digital Records Archivist