[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Installation problem: setup-database.sh fails part way

David Eves david at bookbindersmuseum.org
Tue Sep 9 22:17:40 EDT 2014

Thanks for your attention.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Chris Fitzpatrick <
Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org> wrote:

> Hm... So,
>
> 0) this happens every time? try dropping then recreating the db...

Yes, every time. I've dropped and recreated the db about four times. Get
the same error each time.

>  1) What version of java are you using?

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_65"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.5.1.2.el6_5-x86_64 u65-b17)

> 2) how much memory do you have one the server

$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        2042852 kB
MemFree:          192660 kB
MemAvailable:    1485392 kB
Buffers:           52280 kB
Cached:          1195616 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:           775244 kB
Inactive:         939472 kB
Active(anon):     466820 kB
Inactive(anon):      420 kB
Active(file):     308424 kB
Inactive(file):   939052 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:        262140 kB
SwapFree:         262140 kB

>  3) what does you my.cnf look like? ( probably in /etc/my.cnf )

cat /etc/my.cnf
# For advice on how to change settings please see
# http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-configuration-defaults.html

[mysqld]
#
# Remove leading # and set to the amount of RAM for the most important data
# cache in MySQL. Start at 70% of total RAM for dedicated server, else 10%.
# innodb_buffer_pool_size = 128M
#
# Remove leading # to turn on a very important data integrity option:
logging
# changes to the binary log between backups.
# log_bin
#
# Remove leading # to set options mainly useful for reporting servers.
# The server defaults are faster for transactions and fast SELECTs.
# Adjust sizes as needed, experiment to find the optimal values.
# join_buffer_size = 128M
# sort_buffer_size = 2M
# read_rnd_buffer_size = 2M
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0

# Recommended in standard MySQL setup
sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

David Eves