[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Finding aid date

Lora Davis ljdavis at colgate.edu
Fri Oct 17 15:17:14 EDT 2014

Apologies if this has already been noted, but I - like many others I'm sure
- have been eagerly awaiting 1.1.0 so have been putting rc8 through its
paces in our sandbox today.

The one pesky outstanding issue that does not appear to be resolved is that
the contents of "Finding Aid Date" are still not being exported at all, let
alone into <publicationstmt> where we'd expect to find it.  Our stylesheets
draw on this date to generate an authorship statement along the lines of
"Finding aid prepared by <author>, <date>."  Since the finding aid date is
not ending up anywhere in the exported XML we're left with "Finding aid
prepared by John Smith, ."  Minor inconvenience, but annoying.

On the other hand, I'm  pleased to report that other failure to export
issues we've had with things like <accessrestrict> are now working
beautifully.

Are others finding that <date> is not exporting?  Is this a known bug?  Is
there a reason why this is not being exported?  Any fix in the works?  (I
checked the PivotalTracker, but found nada.)

Thanks in advance,

Lora

--
Lora J. Davis