[Archivesspace_Users_Group] importing Containers into existing Resource Records

Nathan Stevens ns96 at nyu.edu
Wed Oct 1 09:58:42 EDT 2014

There is no built-in mechanism in ASpace for doing this kind of post
migration updates on Resource records by reading information from a CSV
file.

The only way I can think of doing this is to make use of the ASpace REST
APIs to get the Resource JSON records and then attach the archival objects
created from the information from the csv file to this record and do an
update.

If you are familiar with the ASpace JSON schema/REST API, and can do some
programing (in any language that can make REST calls) then it should only
be a moderate level of effort to do this.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Fleming, Jason <flemingj at uncw.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We have many Resources that have been created and migrated successfully,
> but the container information was never populated in Archon.
>

> Is there a method for importing these into ArchivesSpace, or how would you
> go about setting something up to automate this process?
>

> The information is currently living in .csv documents
>

> thank you for all replies,
>

> -Jason

> Jason Fleming
>
> Information Technology Librarian
>

> 601 South College Road | Wilmington, NC  28403-5990
>
> T: 910-962-2675 | flemingj at uncw.edu
>
> http://library.uncw.edu

Nathan Stevens
Programmer/Analyst