[Archivesspace_Users_Group] reordering objects in resource records

Payten Giles payten.giles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:44:41 EST 2014

Hi there Chris, Allyson,

Eavesdropping a little bit and the guilt of writing this code became too much!

Chris, this looks like a little bug in the tree.js where we aren’t checking the correct node.. the comment says the right thing while the code does the wrong thing.  Here’s a gist of a potential patch:

https://gist.github.com/payten/649819e7f08d0de3e945 <https://gist.github.com/payten/649819e7f08d0de3e945>

To replicate I have a Resource hierarchy something like this:

- Resource
	- AO Parent
		- AO Child 1
		- AO Child 2
		- AO Child 3
		- AO Child 4

I select and go to edit ‘AO Child 3’.  When that form is visible I drag ‘AO Child 4’ above to become the first sibling.  I then continue to edit ‘AO Child 3’ and refresh the page.  ‘A0 Child 3’ is now positioned directly under ‘Resource’.

Happy to put together a more formal pull request if you like.

Cheers,
Payten