[Archivesspace_Users_Group] customizing search return screen

Chris Fitzpatrick Chris.Fitzpatrick at lyrasis.org
Sun Nov 2 17:02:33 EST 2014

Hi Allyson,

I can see how this is a little confusing, since the title is a little vague.

Looking at the

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/386247/storie<https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/386247/stories>s/47583211 ticket, this was for "Accessions, Resources, and Digital Objects on their browse pages", so these configurations are for the searches done on those records types browse screens.

Mark Cooper submitted a feature request for doing sometime similar for the "Search All" feature. It's still in the backlog for an upcoming release, but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

In the meantime, you can add this as a plugin..check out this gist :

https://gist.github.com/cfitz/74fe98d13d164026d35b

Put this _results.html.erb file in your plugins/local/frontend/views/search directory. This will add your configurations to the Search All pages. But, it is a little clunky, becuase it's going with multiple record types. If, for example, you have "Identifier" for both Accessions and Resources, you're Search All results will have two identifier columns ( one for each model).

We can refine this, but I think this might help you out right now? Let me know what you think..

b,chris.

Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048
http://archivesspace.org/