[Archivesspace_Users_Group] localhost urls

Mark Cooper mark.cooper at lyrasis.org
Fri May 30 13:07:24 EDT 2014

Hi Steve,

Those links use the settings defined for:

## recommended that you record those URLs in your configuration
#AppConfig[:frontend_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:frontend_url] }
#AppConfig[:public_proxy_url] = proc { AppConfig[:public_url] }

The proxy urls by default use the values as defined for AppConfig[:frontend_url] and AppConfig[:public_url]. So you could edit the value in either place, although if you're going to be using a proxy you'll want to set the proxy values directly and not fallback on the default (proc) way of setting the values.

It's highly recommended to set those values to something other than the default (localhost) otherwise you'll miss some functionality that uses the proxy values (such as edit links in the public interface) -- but I'm not sure that's suggested anywhere aside from the comments in the config file, so it looks like a README update to make that more clear would be a good thing.

Mark