[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AT to ASpace Migration -- Digital Object Date Label

Kari R Smith smithkr at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 14:24:40 EDT 2014

I could see two attributes:

Creation [actual] [presumed]
Last updated date [the most likely known date for digital files]

Kari Smith

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org [mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org] On Behalf Of Nathan Stevens
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:55 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group
Subject: Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] AT to ASpace Migration -- Digital Object Date Label

What should the default be for Digital Object? Creation instead of Digitize?

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Christine Di Bella <cdibella at ias.edu<mailto:cdibella at ias.edu>> wrote:
I don't really have anything to add, but yes, I've definitely seen this as well.  (I'll note that when one adds a Digital Object instance to an existing file/item in AT, the date field is automatically populated with the date information from the resource component record, so this isn't a matter of the field being used incorrectly in our AT deployments.)

I agree that this will be problematic going forward and would like to see a change. I haven't tried out the version of the migration plugin released this morning yet - perhaps this was already addressed there?

Christine
Christine Di Bella
Archivist
Shelby White and Leon Levy Archives Center
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, NJ  08540
Email : cdibella at ias.edu<mailto:cdibella at ias.edu>